Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm doing 1997, 1998,1999 in the family photo album. It's so fun to see all of you grow up again! I'm reading a novel, "Tending Roses" that helps you look at the most important things in life. This couple have been married for 10 years with a baby who has had heart surgery. Both parents work at high power jobs with little time for each other and their baby. They are struggling financially with lots of hospital bills, etc. Here are a few quotes from the Grandma they are staying with for a few weeks.

"Maybe you should start wanting less."

"Be patient. Everything doesn't have to work itself out today."

"I wish I had not spent my hours worrying over another nickel for the carousel, but instead running barefoot through the fields of yellow bonnets."

I've just started reading the book. It's good to stop and see things through the eyes of an older woman.

Have a great day and enjoy your dinner and movie night together.

Love you forever,
Mom
xoxoxox

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Mom, I love how much time you spend on the photos. Thanks for your inspiring thoughts.

Whitney said...

We love looking at the photo albums too. It's so much fun to remember things that happened so long ago and see how we've all changed. I like what you posted from the book you're reading. Inspiring.